Senior Manufacturing Engineer
You believe that things worth doing are worth doing right. In a fast paced and changing manufacturing environment you rely on systems to drive consistency and quality. You take pride in both the product and the process. You are a change agent that is curious about a better and more innovative approach. You like to dream about what could be and get satisfaction by implementing change.
In the past you have found yourself stuck in a business without proper resourcing or leadership willing to take risks to drive change. You have great solutions to implement but the lack of support to do so. It’s time to join the Diamondback Team and help us become one of the best manufacturing companies in Central Pa. You can help shape the future with new automation solutions to improve quality, efficiency, and customer satisfaction.
About the Job:
We are building a manufacturing company that employees love to work for and customers love to buy from. Our product is gaining market share and we desire to maximize our potential through best practices in production. This includes improving quality, redesigning our production assembly flow, and adding more automation. You will be an integral part of this process as well as shaping a manufacturing process for new products. A building expansion will create a new opportunity to rethink and maximize our production potential. This is an exciting time to join the Diamondback team and have a huge impact on our product and manufacturing process.
- Provide a clear vision of the future of automation with in the plant
- Plant layout revisions to improve flow and efficiency
- Assist in plant layout for future building expansions
- Capital purchases/ROI calculations on future large capital projects
- Drive the company forward with automation solutions
- Drive the advancement in manufacturing technology
- Engineering Support: Provide engineering support to the following departments as needed: Safety, Quality, Maintenance, Purchasing and Process Improvement
- Quality: Work with QC to determine root cause and implement corrective action
- Purchasing: Partner w/ raw material suppliers to validate/maintain quality, reduce cost and optimize products
- Safety: Ergonomics, etc.
- Process Improvement:
- identify and lead cost saving/waste elimination events.
- Design and develop fixtures and tooling related to the enhancement of manufacturing process for both new and existing products
- Analyze manufacturing process flows continually for enhancement of quality, cost reduction and throughput
- Technical Expertise: Provide deep engineering knowledge on level 2 equipment break/fix issues for subset of equipment (Lasers, manual spray, manual brakes, and PLCs in general
Required Skills, Knowledge, Education, and Training:
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering/ Electrical Engineering
- Robotics Experience required
- Experience in AutoCAD
- Knowledge of PLCs
- 10+ years experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a metal fabrication environment.
- Electrical background preferred
- Demonstrated ability with ROI calculations
- Demonstrated ability with capital equipment purchases
- Experience in Microsoft Office suites, Heavy use of Excel
- Ability to work independently/ Self Motivated
- Effective communication skills
- Experience with sheet metal fabrication
- Knowledge with operation of lasers and press brakes
- LEAN Manufacturing experience is desired
Perks at DiamondBack:
- Above average benefit offerings including a profit-sharing program
- Matched 401K Contributions
- Tuition reimbursement program and company funded training
- Opportunity to make an impact in the community with a paid day off for volunteering and up to $2000 per employee to contribute to the charity of your choice annually
- Casual work environment and standing desk
Reports To: Manufacturing Engineering Manager